Thursday, June 28, 2007

Things I forgot about Singapore

- Which bus numbers I need (only moments of doubt so far).
- How much water I drink and how little I pee (too much information?)
- How beyond hot it is.
- How I have a shower when I come in from school.
- How much I love ‘30 Rock’ (I can’t think of another TV programme that has the ability to make me laugh out loud so often. Tina Fey = comedy genius).
- How much I hate early mornings (so much so I have gotten up an hour after my first alarm).
- How you need to put more money on your EZ Link card for the bus in order for you to be able to get on buses.

- How long seven hours really is.
- How absolutely terrible school lunches are.
- How ‘Oprah’ moved to primetime, meaning I don’t need to skive school or ‘break’ my hand to see it.
- How much I walk.

- How much I love emails and Bebo.
- The Singapore National Anthem and Pledge which gets sung and said every day (not that I say it, still a subject Your Majesty).
- How the humidity wrecks my hair and negates any straightening I do. (Alright already, I concede defeat I will not needlessly straighten my hair.)
- How much I miss home.

So it’s officially an extra long weekend for me. Tomorrow I’m off to the hospital re. 'broken' hand and Monday is Youth Day, therefore a holiday. Ya ho.


[Might I suggest Youth Day Committee that you have Youth Day, a holiday that only affects schools, further into the term than one week after a four week holiday. Not that I am complaining mind you. Keep up the excellent work. Why stop at one holiday a year? Think big, go for two or three. Or an even four. Better yet, how about a 'Youth Week'? Clearly I need to get me on this committee, shake things up a bit.]

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails